War stories from the .NET team
In this session Karel will share some insights into things the .NET Team has run into. Expect deep dive into a few interesting investigations we faced on .NET team in the last decade.
The session will feature war stories about:
- Investigations spanning years,
- Dormant bugs coming to life after a decade,
- Root-causes leading to surprising places,
- How we rooted-cause problems with minimal information available,
- Shocking impact of bugs on real world.
Other topics that will be covered:
- Root-causing HW bugs (avoid the one-machine problem),
- The value and art of minimal repro,
- Innovation and compatibility – the age-old rivals.
Watch the video:
Location: Seminar room 2
Date: 22 June 2019
Time: 11:15 - 12:00